Hello, my name is Lisa Middleton and I am thrilled to be at Casorso Elementary as your Aboriginal Student Advocate. I have worked in the Aboriginal Program for the past ten years, and I look forward to seeing you all again and meeting my new families.
My role as an Aboriginal Student Advocate is to assist and support students and families. I will be touching base with students of Aboriginal Ancestry periodically throughout the year. This may include:
- Ensuring students remain in school and graduate
- Increasing attendance and lessening tardiness if problem exists
- Academic and personal/behavior goal setting, self-esteem, peer interaction
- Motivating, maintaining and celebrating your child's success
- Encouraging students to participate in cultural learning events, sports, art projects, and field trips. (Bannock making, crafts, drumming circles)
- Problem solving issues and concerns regarding school and home
- Encouraging Parental/Guardian involvement and support
- Increasing access to resources available from our Aboriginal Education Program
My hours are: Mondays - Fridays 8:30am - 3:30pm
My goal is to see that every one of our students reaches his or her full potential and has a very positive experience at Casorso Elementary. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
All my Relations,
REQUEST for Aboriginal Cultural Programming.doc
Letter from District Principal – Aboriginal Education.docx