School Based Resource Team (SBRT)
The role of the GPE SBRT is to focus the resources of the school and/or community on students in need of support and direction. The Resource Team is composed of the principal, the vice-principal, the counsellor, the learning assistance teachers, the resource room teacher, the speech and language pathologist, Aboriginal advocate and classroom teacher.
The Resource Team:
- collects pertinent educational information and also considers what social or medical information will be needed
- ensures that pupils are effectively programmed within the school using available resourcesprovides direct and/or indirect service
- develops, monitors and evaluates IEPs
- in consultation with parents, makes necessary referrals to district staff for assessment; and
- in consultation with parents, makes necessary referrals for specialized programming and placement